As humans, it's easy to be high on emotions and run ahead of ourselves. We're given the ability to rationalize but sometimes all that we heed is the tugging on our heartstrings. So many times we've all veered off the track because we let our feelings lead us. But above all, Truth should reign in our lives, shouldn't it?
Just last week, God taught me a precious lesson about this Truth - the Truth of His love. As the music of our lives fade, as all is stripped away, all that will remain, now and forever is God's everlasting love. But we catch ourselves looking for human love and acceptance all the time, sometimes in the wrong places. This human condition; this human love leads us to second guessing, where we feel uncertainty and fear, that what we expect to see may not come through.
Witnessing that uncertainty last week, I felt that fear that grip my heart so bad, I felt sick. But being reminded that I have God's love, that is in itself, a great source of comfort. Just knowing that His love never fails and that it is reciprocated and not unrequited, knowing that He first loved me before I did is so amazing a privilege I can't even put into words. Knowing that I, who is so imperfect and flawed, have a soft spot is His heart is beyond my comprehension. Knowing above all else, that His love is the love that matters the most, is the only Love that is enough to satisfy.
Through all of life's disappointments and celebrations, God's still, small voice reminds me that He loves and He's always here. His love, is the most pure and perfect. Where there're no disapointments and fears, where only goodness, joy and peace is found. A love that is so adequate, it fills every hole in my heart, filling that God-shaped hole. For too long, i've been filling up these gaps with things that don't seem to matter now. I'm made whole in You.
Jesus, You're the sweetness and the joy of my heart, in the most tender and vulnerable places of my soul. i love You, Lord. for Your love is greater than anything and everything.

No comments:
Post a Comment