I was so unique
Now I feel skin deepI count on the make-up to cover it all
Crying myself to sleep cause I cannot keep their attention
I thought I could be strong
But it's killing me
Does someone hear my cry?
I'm dying for new life
I want to be beautiful
Make you stand in awe
Look inside my heart,
and be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
Just want to be worthy of love
And beautiful
Sometimes I wish I was someone other than me
Fighting to make the mirror happy
Trying to find whatever is missing
Won't you help me back to glory
I want to be beautiful
Make you stand in awe
Look inside my heart,
and be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
Just want to be worthy of love
And beautiful
You make me beautiful
You make me stand in awe
You step inside my heart, and I am amazed
I love to hear You say
Who I am is quite enough
You make me worthy of love and beautiful
"beautiful" / bethany dillon
***
i got all teary-eyed the first time i heard this song. it resounded so much with me. and i think it does too for many other girls out there, guys even. that boy/girl we see in the mirror... whom we sometimes dislike. we're all fighting to make the mirror happy. there were so many moments that i've walked away from it feeling unlovely, ugly even and wished that i looked different or like someone else, and totally rock like a rockstar if i were her for a day. hahaha. but when's that ever going to happen, yo? haha. zilch.
i felt a little bit of that tonight. it's funny how this line kept surfacing in my head while i was journaling: "seeking affirmation from mr. mirror each morning..." and immediately, i thought of bethany dillon's "beautiful" and it hit home. sometimes we forget how precious we - me, you, everybody - are to God who loves us just a father loves his child - lovingly, dotingly and affectionately. we're all beautiful to Him and He delights in us, regardless of our imperfections.
Father, our beauty comes from You and knowing who You are, that You've made us precious and treasured, beautiful and spirited. beauty that comes from a gentle spirit that is of unfading worth in Your sight, that no braids nor jewels can replace.
i am beautiful because You are.
if it could only be easier to love so much more with the Truth than with our own eyes. to love because we were first loved, to love because God, You made us like You, and not to love with just our eyes, but through Your eyes.
I love to hear You say
Who I am is quite enough
You make me worthy of love and beautiful
Who I am is quite enough
You make me worthy of love and beautiful

No comments:
Post a Comment